Organizational Leadership (MSOL) - Leader Development Track
The Leader Development track of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program will prepare professionals to develop and implement leadership training programs, understand and apply the principles of servant leadership in an organization and to lead in a legal and ethical fashion.
The MSOL is a 36-hour program, requiring a student to complete 12 graduate courses. Full-time students can complete the program in four semesters. All MSOL classes are taught in the evening. The program can be adapted for students who wish to attend part-time and complete the program within 18-24 months.
For the Leader Development track, career options are open to all sectors of the economy, including private, public, for-profit, not-for-profit organizations.
Program of Study
|Area 1 Program Core|
|MSOL 6000||Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Professional Exit Requirement||0|
|MSOL 6115||Organizational Behavior and Leadership||3|
|MSOL 6125||Negotiations and Conflict Resolution||3|
|MSOL 6135||Contemporary Economics and Finance for Leaders||3|
|MSOL 6145||Global Management||3|
|MSOL 6155||Strategic Leadership and Change Management||3|
|MSOL 6165||Organizational Ethics and Values||3|
|Area 1 Total||18|
|Area 2 Program Concentration|
|MSSL 6117||Foundations in Servant Leadership||3|
|MSOL 6127||Contemporary Issues in Leadership||3|
or three credit hours of approved MSOL/MSSL 6000-level elective courses
|MSHR 6136||Employee Development||3|
|POLS 7177||National Security Policy||3|
|or MSSL 6137||Career Coaching|
|Area 2 Total||12|
|Area 3 Electives|
|Select 6 hours of Graduate courses approved by the Business Graduate Program Director||6|
|Area 3 Total||6|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MSOL degree program also has the following additional requirements:
- A graduate application, available online or in paper, with application fee.
- An official baccalaureate degree transcript from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Scores; students may also submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Only scores within the past five years will be accepted.
- GMAT school code: R64-XW-20
- GRE school code: 5123
- Two recommendation letters from professional sources such as current for former employers, faculty, and business associates are required. Please use the recommendation form (PDF) provided.
- A current resume
Additional Program Requirements
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Up to six hours of transfer credit may be accepted from an AACSB accredited institution.
- All students must complete the common core for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two C's, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MSOL degree requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will apply leadership principles and theory to develop solutions to organizational problems in domestic and global business environments.
- Graduates will apply key theories of organizational behavior and change management to diagnose and solve problems in an organizational setting.
- Graduates will select relevant financial and economic information and apply the information to issues of organizational leadership.
- Graduates will apply ethical concepts to the development of solutions to organizational problems.