Center for Quality Teaching & Learning
Founded in 2004 to serve pre-kindergarten – post-secondary educators in the Columbus State University service area, the Center for Quality Teaching & Learning promotes and facilitates regional initiatives to advance the study and practice of quality teaching and learning. The Center is host to a regional learning community that is concerned with the learning of educators (professional development and research) and students (teaching) and the ways in which the learning of one directly benefits the other.
The mission of the Center for Quality Teaching and Learning (CQTL) is to recruit and retain educational candidates and to improve overall student achievement by cultivating and promoting the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required for 21st-century educators.
- To serve pre-kindergarten through post-secondary educators in the Columbus State University educational community
- To promote and facilitate regional educational initiatives designed to advance the study and practice of quality teaching and learning
- To recruit quality teacher candidates and to provide retention efforts that assist in the development and implementation of the candidates' professional development plans
- To support teacher candidates with high quality mentoring and individual professional development opportunities from initial enrollment through graduation, certification, and induction
- To provide diverse and high-quality field placements and clinical practices for all educational candidates
- To support the College of Education and Health Profession's mission by preparing "highly qualified and sought-after professionals who lead with respect, integrity, and compassion and possess the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to improve P-12 student learning"