Columbus Regional Mathematics Collaborative
The Columbus Regional Mathematics Collaborative (CRMC) was established for teachers in 1989 and is one of the Centers of Excellence at Columbus State University. Housed in the Department of Education and Health Professions, the CRMC serves preservice and in-service teachers in the Columbus area.
In addition to support from Columbus State University, the CRMC receives funding from area school systems, partnerships, and grants.
The Math Collaborative champions quality mathematics instruction for students in our community through the development of teacher-leaders by
- deepening their content knowledge;
- modeling best-practice instruction; and
- networking and collaboration to improve student outcomes and experiences.
Our resource staff of teacher leaders mentors educators and administrators, encourages parent and public involvement in mathematics education, and develops means to support all teachers of mathematics in their professional growth. The Math Collaborative provides services to schools and school systems around Columbus, Georgia, and beyond.
Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resource teachers available to answer questions about teaching and learning mathematics grades K-12
- The opportunity to borrow mathematics resources such as books, calculators, and math manipulatives for grades K-12.
- On-site and virtual professional learning, seminars, and conferences to assist teachers to implement national and state standards for teaching mathematics.
- Focused professional development through in schools and classroom assistance from resource teachers to include lesson planning and demonstration lessons.
We believe that the future is a bright one for the teachers and students in and around Columbus, Georgia.
We endeavor to form partnerships and promote funding that supports the learning and teaching of mathematics!
Contact us if we can be of assistance.