Active Duty and Veteran Fee Waivers
Veteran Fee Waiver (National Guard and Reserves)
The University System of Georgia has approved a waiver for mandatory fees for Georgia residents who have seen combat in recent years as active members of the Georgia National Guard or the U.S. Military Reserves. Please contact the Military Enrollment and Adult Learners at (706) 507-8866 for information on qualifying for this waiver.
Recently Separated Military Fee Wavier
Separated Military members from a uniformed military service of the United States who meet one of the following:
- Individuals who within 36 months of separation from such service, enroll in an academic program and demonstrate the intent to become domiciled in Georgia. This waiver may also be granted to their spouse and dependent children;
- Any separated service member or any student utilizing transferred VA educational benefits, and physically reside in the state of Georgia that enrolls within 120 months of separation is also eligible; or
- Any individual as described in 38 U.S.C.3679©.
Military Fee Waiver
Active duty military personnel, their spouses, and their dependent who meet one of the following:
- The military sponsor is currently stationed in or assigned to Georgia; or,
- Military sponsor previously stationed in or assigned to Georgia is reassigned outside of Georgia, and the student(s) remain(s) continuously enrolled in a Georgia high school, Technical College System of Georgia institution, and/or a University System of Georgia institution; or,
- The military sponsor is reassigned outside of Georgia and the spouse and dependent children remain in Georgia; or,
- The military sponsor is stationed in a state contiguous to the Georgia border and reside in Georgia; or
- Dependent children of a military sponsor, previously stationed in or assigned to Georgia within the previous five years, and/or the child completed at least one year of high school in Georgia; or,
- Any student utilizing VA educational benefits transferred from a currently serving military member is also eligible.