Department of Kinesiology & Health Sciences
The Department of Kinesiology & Health Sciences offers undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students for a variety of careers related to health, education, or exercise science or for professional graduate programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician's assistant and related areas. Programs provide strong academic work and an abundance of practical experience in school, exercise, and clinical settings. The department also houses the Wellness Program, which provides the course work to meet the three-credit wellness/physical activity requirement for students in all programs of study.
The Health and Physical Education programs are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
The Department of Kinesiology & Health Sciences offers the following degrees:
- Exercise Science (MS)
- Health and Physical Education (MAT)
- Health and Physical Education (MEd)
- Health Science (BS)
- Kinesiology (BS) - Exercise Science Concentration
- Kinesiology (BS) - Health & Physical Education Non-Certification Concentration
- Kinesiology (BS) - Health & Physical Education Teacher Certification Concentration
- Master of Public Health (MPH)